Experience the exceptional transformation of Waitara Park Tennis Centre and Flood Infrastructure by Court Craft. This project not only resulted in the construction of six new tennis courts but also involved critical floodway infrastructure development. It’s no wonder that in 2018, this remarkable endeavour earned Court Craft the prestigious “Commercial Multi-court Project of the Year” award from the Sport & Play Industry Association of Australia.
Project Overview: The Waitara Park Tennis Centre project by Court Craft was a multifaceted undertaking that required careful planning and execution. The scope of this impressive project included:
- Demolition and Asbestos Remediation: The project began with the demolition of bowling greens, followed by meticulous asbestos remediation to ensure a safe and clean environment.
- Aggregates and Soil Stockpiling: Court Craft stockpiled bowling green aggregates and soils for future use, promoting sustainability and resource management.
- Earthworks: Extensive earthworks were performed to prepare the site for constructing six new tennis courts and the associated infrastructure.
- Sewer Main Relocation: The relocation of the sewer main was a crucial aspect of the project to accommodate the new tennis courts and flood infrastructure.
- Major Stormwater Upgrades: Significant upgrades to the stormwater system were executed to enhance drainage and water management within the park.
- On-site Flood Management System: A massive 4.4 megalitres on-site flood management system was constructed to mitigate flood risks effectively.
- Concrete Paths: Concrete pathways were installed for accessibility and convenience throughout the park.
- Spectator Seating: Comfortable spectator seating was provided to enhance the overall experience for visitors.
- Roadworks: Road improvements were made to ensure proper access to the facility.
- Lighting: Adequate lighting fixtures were installed to allow for evening and nighttime use of the tennis courts.
- Landscaping: The project was completed with landscaping and associated works, adding to the park’s visual appeal.
Conclusion: Court Craft’s transformation of Waitara Park Tennis Centre into a modern sports facility with enhanced flood infrastructure exemplifies its commitment to excellence in construction and infrastructure development. This project not only provides a top-notch tennis facility for the community but also addresses critical flood management needs. Court Craft’s recognition by the Sport & Play Industry Association of Australia in 2018 further underscores their dedication to delivering outstanding results in sports facility construction. The Waitara Park Tennis Centre and Flood Infrastructure project will continue to serve as a valuable asset to the community, offering recreational opportunities and flood risk mitigation for years.