Prepare to be captivated by the winning journey of Court Craft, who tendered and triumphed in constructing a versatile multi-function sports court and tennis court at George Kendall Riverside Park in Ermington. This project involved the demolition of existing courts and the creation of a modern sports facility that caters to a wide range of sporting activities, from tennis and basketball to netball and more.
Project Overview: The transformation of George Kendall Riverside Park was a comprehensive endeavour undertaken by Court Craft, involving meticulous planning and execution. Key aspects of this impressive project included:
- Demolition and Removal: Court Craft commenced by demolishing and removing various elements, including the existing tennis net and posts, chain wire tennis court fence, light posts, synthetic turf, and other obsolete features to make way for the new courts.
- Construction of Concrete Pathway: A concrete pathway was supplied and installed to provide accessibility and enhance the overall park infrastructure.
- Block Retaining Wall: A block retaining wall was built to define and reinforce the court area, adding functionality and aesthetics.
- Asphaltic Concrete: The project included applying asphaltic concrete to the existing court surface, creating a durable and uniform playing surface.
- Concrete Base Slab: A concrete base slab was constructed to support the multi-function sports and tennis courts.
- Concrete Kerb and Gutter: Court Craft installed concrete kerbing and guttering to delineate the court boundaries and improve drainage.
- Sports Equipment Installation: The project encompassed the supply and installation of various sports equipment, including bespoke steel tennis nets, basketball and netball towers with concrete footings, precast concrete bench seating elements, a drinking refill station, and a surface-mounted bin enclosure unit.
- Proludic Sports Wall: A Proludic sports wall was installed, further enhancing the facility’s versatility and providing opportunities for diverse sports and activities.
- Turf Installation: Kikuyu turf was meticulously laid, enhancing the greenery around the courts and adding to the park’s visual appeal.
- Tennis Court Surfacing: Plexipave tennis court surfacing was applied to both the multi-use sports court and the tennis court, meeting the highest standards for playability and durability.
Conclusion: Court Craft’s successful transformation of George Kendall Riverside Park into a dynamic multi-function sports and tennis court is a testament to its expertise and commitment to delivering top-tier sports facilities. This project not only enhances recreational opportunities for the community but also adds aesthetic value to the park. The versatile courts will serve as a hub for various sports and activities, promoting physical fitness and community engagement. Court Craft’s achievement in this project reinforces its reputation as the leader in the field of sports facility design and construction.